1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jet Blue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This will actually ramble across several thread lines, but:

Jet Blue is new to my neck of the woods and I flew it for the first time this week. Holy cow, unreal. Great prices, clean planes, actual customer service, Dunkin Donuts coffee *** and DirecTV/XM at every seat. My flight today coincided with the World Cup match so I actually watched it.

On that:

*Erik Wynalda (is that the name?) ripped Arena in post game. RIPPED him. Can't argue but I'm biased. I don't like Arena.

*The foul on Gooochie Woochie Ochie that led to the PK wasn't even a damn foul let alone a PK.

Still, Ghana looked to me to be the better team.

All this from a flight. Loving Jet Blue big time.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've heard nothing but good things about Jet Blue. Never had a chance to ride it, though.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's my favorite airline. I don't know why all planes don't have satellite TV. Some Jet Blue flights I've taken have actually been better than some first class flights on traditional airlines.

That said, the last Jet Blue flight I took a few months ago, I noticed the leg room was a little tighter. :(

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I love JetBlue. Love, love, love, love, love it. Those TVs are a godsend when you are doing a coast-to-coast red eye. Only minor, gripe story about JetBlue was two years ago when I had to fly somewhere on a Sunday during football season. It was an unavoidable, but very important trip, scheduled for the worst time possible for what I was doing. I had the DirectTV in front of me... and no football. I spent a whole trip from NY to Cali getting ticker scores on ESPN News, but couldn't watch any games. It was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life.

5. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

It's great, especially on longer flights. Watching TV sure helps the time pass quicker, especially if you get a good game in there. I remember flying out to the Long Beach airport last year during the Little League World Series, I got to watch two full games and the flight went by in a snap.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

OK, this is a dumb question, but does Jet Blue fly out of anywhere in the Northwest? My sister swears by them, but I've never seen them in my rather limited flying experience.

7. Moderator1

jetblue.com lists all the cities, I know it's expanding like crazy.

Wife and I are going to NYC later this summer. 340 roundup for both of us.

This trip was 140 roundup.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I've flown them to Oakland several times. Guess that isn't really the Northwest. Believe I flew them to Seattle once, too.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I only wish they flew to Toronto. But they go to Buffalo seven times a day. Go figure

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I just checked, and they do fly out of Seattle as well as Salt Lake and Denver. And I can get to all of those airports from here.

11. Moderator1

And you're in then!

They sell ear bud headphones for a buck and my Shures were packed away because I'm an idiot. While the buck version is no Shure, I was stunned at the quality.

Good cookies, good coffee.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My company has started using AirTran a lot for our flying, and they have XM in every seat with free headsets. They're the hard ear buds, so I usually try to keep my big noise-cancelling stereo headphones in my carry-on, but they're not bad in a pinch.

Draft saved Draft deleted