1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus visits Sarah Silverman: Funny or blasphemous?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cranberry, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Word has it she was attending the funeral of a friend and people were spooked by hearing a laughing sound coming from the direction of Madalyn Murray O'Hair's grave.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't think being as angry and raunchy as the fat guy you drink beer with is a great career move for a woman north of 40 years old.
    Maureen Dowd thinks Silverman is a scream - I rest my case.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Looked up the shower scene. Not bad. Tits get a B. Nipples an A.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Um, one is born a race; one chooses to be a Christian. Big difference, don't ya think?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Poor, persecuted American Christians. Everyone out to get them.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It could be argued you don't necessarily choose your religion any more than you choose your race, but that's a different discussion for a different board and time.
    For simplicity's sake, replace the races I mentioned with "Jews" or "Muslims." If her bits were as anti-Semitic as they are anti-Christian, her career wouldn't last another 10 minutes. See Gibson, Mel.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sometimes it seems that way. No matter how moderate their worldview, Christians are the one group in this country that the gung-ho PC crowd doesn't invite to their drum circle.
    We have to make special, sometimes ridiculous accommodations for everything up to Zoroastrianism, and all of the displays from those religions are welcome under the diversity banner. Meanwhile, there is a conscious effort by some factions in this country to tamp out any hint of public mention of Christianity, no matter how slight or seemingly inoffensive.
    There's parts of all religions that are both noble and silly. There are zealots in every religion who take things too far. Christianity has no more or less loony aspects than the others.
    Yet stereotyping all Jews as greedy or all Muslims as terrorists crosses a line, and when that's pointed out those groups are seen as standing up for their rights. Stereotyping all Christians as raving bible thumpers is socially acceptable, and when Christians stand up for themselves by pointing out that inconsistency, it somehow reinforces the stereotype.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Hips and muffin top get a D.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yes, not too impressed by the looks of that honey hole.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think Sarah Silverman is funny.
    I laughed at the last line and that was it.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Probably a member of the Bush Protection Division.

Draft saved Draft deleted