1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus, CBS.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 26, 2006.

1. http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cbs/white_house_communications_director_turns_cbs_news_political_consultant_44434.asp

Liberal media, my ass.

2. joe

joe Active Member

We're really sorry about Dan Rather.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I prefer to look at it as another rat leaving a sinking ship.

4. Thank you, Karl.
    May I have another?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

George Stephonapoulus?
    James Carville?
    Paul Begala?
    Dee Dee Myers?

Can't we have one besides Mary Matalin?

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I must have missed the news that Dick Morris, David Gergen, Oliver North, Joe Scarborough and John Kasich quit their TV jobs. And I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.

7. You have to be kidding with this one.
    Even if I give you Georgie Boy, whom I loathe on a great many levels, including a bad run-in outside a church in Iowa (Don't ask.), the other ones are talking-heads on the shout shows. This flack -- it was her wedding in Greece where all the WH staffers sat out Katrina -- is going to be part of a network's political coverage of an administration full of her pals that may well be floundering for the next two years.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Fine, great. It's a free country. Can't CBS hire who it wants? Are we going to restrict jobs according to who you think meet you political views?

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

F_B,
    Maybe we should look at this is a step in the right direction, because at least they disclosed the fact that she was a Bush flack. Is this a step forward from the days when Armstrong Williams was doing his paid propaganda commentary and the lady at PBS' "To The Contrary" was doing "independent" commentary on the side of her job in the Administration? She could have kept her job at the White House along with the CBS News gig.

Btw, I wonder if Katie Couric will be able to get all of Condi Rice's pubes out of her teeth before the news tonight.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Don't forget Chris Matthews.

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

She's just following in the footsteps of former Nixon White House staffer Diane Sawyer.

12. Don't forget Tim Russert, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted