1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jersey Shore suggestions (UPDATED)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Magic In The Night, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Gym, tan, laundry. So you can look like this:

[​IMG]

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I hate Seaside. It works for a little while during the day but the boardwalk is small and it has become a haven for the dregs of Jersey.

Wildwood is where I spend most of my time when I'm going to a beach. The boardwalk is massive with rides all throughout. The food places are good enough and there aren't too many bars on the boardwalk drawing in the bad crowds.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've stayed a couple times at Wildwood Crest, which is a nice location right between Cape May and Wildwood.

Further north, the Brielle Yacht Club is a nice place to eat.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'm pretty sure I'd hate Seaside Heights if I went today, but it was Disneyland for us back in the day.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

First, get that part right. :)

As for suggestions, word is that Seaside is a bunch of meatheads and "Jersey Shore" wannabes these days.
    Point Pleasant is nice, but a little slow until school lets out in a couple of weeks. Lots of stands and rides closed during the week, although the weekend may be different. I suspect a lot of Shore towns are the same way.
    Wildwood has always been the best place to go. Great boardwalk, great rides and a beach that seems to be a mile wide. Crossing it to get to the ocean is like crossing the Sahara. If you're up near Asbury Park and the northern end of the shore, though, that's a pretty good haul to go all the way down there.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Avalon is great. It's small and pretty quiet. There are a few good restaurants, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted