1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerry Seinfeld is freaking me out right now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Oct 18, 2008.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have been up for a while. I didn't sleep much last night. Haven't gone running and exercised, the way I typically do early. I have been working -- sitting at a computer at a desk, since about 7 a.m. I have the TV on for no reason and there is the animated movie on HBO with Jerry Seinfeld as a bee. I have never watched this. I am not watching it right now. It's background noise. But the worst background noise ever, because it is just Jerry Seinfeld's voice in a really whiny, overexaggerated tone. I am into the work I am doing and then suddenly I will hear his voice and it will pull me away. Then if I look over at the TV, I see a cartoon bee with Jerry Seinfeld's voice, but the overexcited, exaggerated Jerry Seinfeld voice--like when he is freaking out at George over something.

Before anyone asks, I don't know why I haven't changed the channel yet.

Is this movie any good, by the way? I have no idea what is actually happening in the movie. Doesn't seem like it can possibly be very entertaining.

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

It's entertaining. Some good lines, because he wrote it. And the whole plot is so insane that you know Seinfeld meant for it to be, so you can laugh and play along.

3. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Bee movie wasn't quite as funny as I thought it would be, but it was better than a lot of the stuff out there. Kind of like the ninth seaon of Seinfeld. It wasn't as good as you know it should have been, but still pretty good.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You sound a little stressed.

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Good movie. Kept the 5-year-old interested. Didn't put me to sleep.

6. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

My kid enjoyed it up to the minute they shot Winnie the Pooh with a tranquilizer dart. She started screaming, "WHY DID THEY KILL WINNIE THE POOH!?!?"

Thanks, Jerry.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I must see this movie.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Kenny Rogers Roasters episode reference. Nice. And I'll play along ...

"Oh, I'm stressed!"

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I saw your right hand move out from your face, JD, and it makes me happy.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"That red light is burning my brain!"

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Mr. Marbles?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He sounds a lot stoned.

Draft saved Draft deleted