1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jericho's back!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Feb 14, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

If you have onDemand, you can watch Jericho there as well.
    At least I can with my Comcast cable.
    I'm not sure where this show is headed, and I'm beginning to wonder if I should care.
    Bobby Ewing wakes up and says he had the strangest dream?
    Things are going to be crappy for a couple of seasons, they will have run-ins with various groups of bad people. You'll have some romantic things happen, somebody will have a kid, somebody will get married. Some will die and then what?
    More of the same.

2. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

Anybody still watching this?

I just got around to watching last week's episode on my IPod last night.

Why hasn't the town busted out the tank that is sitting in Stanley's barn yet?

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Good question.

This show has become downright silly. This confrontation with the neighboring town is about as exciting as watching paint dry. They had my attention when the girl shot her dad's girlfriend. Since then, they've lost it.

I hope tonight's episode is much better. I'm growing tired of the brothers running into caper after caper. It's like the Hardy Boys on crack.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Jake looks like one of the Geico cavemen in the wedding flashbacks.

5. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Good episode tonight... SPOILER BELOW...

Was anyone else shocked that they killed off Johnston Green? Seemed like he was one of the focal points on the show. I was pretty surprised by that move. Show is heading in a better direction with the military heading in, but I'm finding it hard to come up with ways the show survives beyond that storyline.

6. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

SPOILER::

I too was surprised by Johnston's death. I Gray Anderson was next...leaving the door open for JG's return as mayor.

I think the next story line is Eric, Hawkins and Jake teaming up to take down the DHS dude.

7. Football_Bat

I was disappointed because I liked Johnston. But it makes sense to kill him off because it moves the story on with Jake as the leader.

Glad to see Heather is still alive, too. Wonder how she escaped New Bern.

8. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I enjoyed the season finale, also.
    It was an interesting first season for Jericho. While I never had that "Oh man, I can't wait for the next episode of Jericho" feel, I usually left the show entertained each Wednesday night. Sure, some of the plotlines were outlandish, but it's really an outlandish premise so I'm willing to give them some leeway. I thought the writers did a great job of developing some characters and showing me why I should care about these people. That's all you can really ask for a first season. Usually, a show's second and third seasons are its best. Hopefully, that's the case with Jericho.

Also, include me in the group surprised that Johnston Greene was killed. I really enjoyed his character and am gonna miss the influence he had on the town. But, the people commenting earlier are correct. It makes total sense to do it. Jake will likely evolve as a leader. It'll be interesting to see how it affects the brother.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've heard Jericho is on the bubble for CBS, but I hope it comes back. Wasn't surprised that they killed of Johnston, he didn't have much else to do and they probably couldn't afford G Mac's salary. What an ending though! I'm looking forward to seeing the tank take out the train, but I have a feeling New Bern and Jericho will end up teaming up against the NewFeds (a new flag so soon? didn't they have other things to attend to? Interesting seeing this episode and flipping past Red Dawn on cable. I guess in the future Wyoming will end up being the new nation's capitol. Also liked the flashbacks in Jericho tonight.

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I hate to be the grump, but I thought the finale sucked. They continued with the battle between two cities, and it did nothing for me. That should have been a single eposide. Instead, they dragged it out to the point that I lost interest.

The death at the end seemed a little much. They keep having these super-dramatic moments, but they're so poorly played out that I think I'm watching a high school play. I mean, the guy on the table wasn't even gasping for breath as he calmly spoke to his two sons and then died. It was a laughable.

Having said all of that, I have invested several hours in this show, and I'd like to see some sort of resolution. I have high hopes for the next season. We're finally connecting Jericho to the larger world. And it seems like we're nearing the end of the show. I can't imagine that we'll have more than one more season of this thing. If so, I'm gone. I'm no longer buying the internal drama of a small Kansas town. There's been an attack on the country with an apparent hostile takeover, and we're dealing with the angry kid at the local grocery store?

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

the name of the show is "Jericho", a small Kansas town thats dealing with the effects of the country being attacked by nuclear weapons. Going in, I assumed the story would focus on that one town, not the country.

and yes....the death scene was lame, but I never really notice or care about the acting with TV shows so that doesn't take away from the show.

The program keeps me entertained for an hour, thats all I expect from a tv show no matter how ridiculous the premise, story lines, acting, etc. I'm easy to please.

12. Football_Bat

Sorry. Seing Emily with her (natural) shoulder-length hair made me loose my concentration for a few seconds ... 8 to be exact.
    _____

New Bern's tactics in the initial shoot-em-up were laughable.

Guys in the wide open without any type of cover, on one knee firing.

Two advance scouts (more like ground guides) on foot with the convoy driving right up to the objective.

No flanking maneuver.

No clear withdrawal route. I figure at least 30 deuce-and-a-halfs (and where the hell did New Bern get those?) plus tankers, resupply trucks and odd POVs judging from the early panoramic shot. One way in and one way out = bottleneck.

Fish ... barrel ... etc.

If Hawkins had been up on the hill where the tank was, there would've been 30 dead New Bernians on the first 30-round magazine.

At least Jericho put sandbags under the vehicle to stop stray ricochets.

I realize it's TV, but c'mon!

Draft saved Draft deleted