1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Jericho" to pull a "Lost" and split its season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Apparently millions according to last week's ratings, but nobody else on this board.

The Jericho thread got nuked (so to speak) and I know not why.

I'm watching it still and this week's episode was good with lots of suspense and a few nuggets for next week. So bring it, all you DWTS Results Show-watching queers. ;D

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Re: Who's still watching Jericho?

I'm still watching. Thought it was good last night.

I doubt Hawkins really is FBI -- or maybe he is, but he's on the other side. Who knows?

And Eric Green is an absolute dumbass.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Still watching, as the premise is still interesting enough to make up for the cheese factor.

Someone remind me, what is it that Hawkins is hiding in his "office." I'm trying to remember. Didn't he go out in the radioactive rain and load a drum into a rental truck? And isn't that drum hidden behind a fake wall downstairs?

Watched that episode online and don't really remember.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hawkins did give his daughter the key to his "office" to get something out. And there are other messages in earlier episodes that seem to portend something beyond FBI undercover observation, but I still think he's a good guy.

For the distaff, April divulging she's pregnant with Eric's child portends some future tension at the bar.

The Ravenwood mercenaries will come to town next week. Beyond that, Ravenwood will go the way of Emily's thieving dad and the plane crashes in Episode 2.

(Judging by their urban warfare entry tactics when they entered the hospital, Ravenwood is instant toast at Jericho city limits. Fucking rent-a-soldiers.)

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

This show is starting to suck royally. The acting is on par with the daytime soaps. The special effects are terrible. The scene with the brothers talking during their drive to the hospital almost caused me to stop watching. There's a late-night talk show host, possibly Conan O'Brien, who drives around town with his desk. That recurring skit has better effects than the driving scene from last night's episode. There are dozens and dozens of dead bodies in the hospital, but Ravenwood somehow grabs a wallet out of a jacket and now they're on their way to Jericho.

I'm giving the show two more weeks to go somewhere. If they're still playing the game of whether Hawkins is a good guy or a bad guy, I'm gone. Christ! Get on with it already!

This week's episode was the best yet, but that was only due to the action and the Hawkins' revelation that someone from around Jericho was communicating with foreign terrorists. Then again, we never know whether to believe a thing he says.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The bar chick is pregnant?
    I fast forward through the scenes that feature all the women talking. I just don't care and Major Dad wasn't going to die, so you had a pretty good guess as to how that would end.
    The tension on the show will come from Hawkins, is he good, is he bad, no one will know. They have never said what was in the drum. But I do remember the storage room was full of guns and gear.
    The teaser for the episode two weeks from now says Russian planes drop boxes of Chinese food on Jericho.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Nah, Jay. It's the doctor wife that's pregnant.

And I just read the recap for Episode 3. He pulled a drum out of storage and then cemented it into his bunker. Didn't they already learn all the bombs were delivered in steel drums?

I'm definitely tiring of the Is-Hawkins-good-or-evil storyline. Of course, I've got a hard time believing they'd make the only minority character of note the bad guy.

8. Freelance Hack

Couple of questions here -- hoepful to get an explanation.

1. If Lawrence got nuked, why didn't they see that mushroom cloud?

2. If Jericho is about 90 miles from Rouge River and Rouge River was affected by Lawrence's fallout, wouldn't there be some affect on Jericho's water table as well? (Also, didn't they say Jericho was two hours east of Denver? If that's the case, then it makes Kansas a lot smaller than it is in reality)

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I always thought Jericho did his best work with Chris Benoit.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll start watching it if the nuclear fallout produces villians like Them! I'm thinking some giant radioactive ants would spice things up.

Failing that, I guess I'll settle for C.H.U.D.S.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bless you, Bubbler. Bless you. :D :D :D

12. Freelance Hack

That's the Ace Award-winning C.H.U.D.S. Thank you very much.

Draft saved Draft deleted