1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeremy Tyler goes to Israel, gets out of shape, hurts NBA chances

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Jeremy Tyler is not hurting his NBA chances. He's still, what, 17? I think what NBA execs are going go to like is that even though he's struggling now, he'll do more growing up as a person and as a player in one year in Israel than he would do in his senior year of high school and bogus college freshman season combined.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you cannot pass and shoot, Europe might not be your port of call.

No way would Stern want our champ playing the Euro champ because the Olympics have brought up an uneasy trend - we can beat you if we clobber your with talent, but without a huge advantage in talent, we struggle and lose.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Devil, did you sleep through 2008?
    Beijing -- ring a bell?

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So you're saying the most talented team usually wins? No way!

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Watch the Gold medal game again. Lot closer than the score indicated.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You mean until Kobe took over? :) :) :)

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not looking it up, but if I remember correctly, we won fuck all in international play from 2002 to 2008.

Five similiar players in ability playing the NBA style playing five similiar in ability players playing the European style, I think, would lose most games.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't watch a youtube video from this computer, but I'm sure it is as lame as your ridiculous conspiracy theory.

10. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I didn't say it wasn't close. Remember, though, this was a team the US beat by like 30 the first time around.
    Spain played exceedingly well in the Gold medal game, but then, we've seen 15 seeds play well against 2 seeds in the NCAA Tournament.
    Sometimes, they even win.

11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

call it ridiculous, but he, just like Jennings, isn't going to be covered in the most positive light. I didn't create some drawn out conspiracy theory. Just calling it like I see it, the same way you see Willie Parker as good running back.

It's an opinion based on our observations, and if its considered shytty...oh well. I don't care to debate back and forth and misdirect threads like you often do.

by the way....stop quoting me. I don't start many discussions with you, but you seem to have me on your radar.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought part of the process around here is to question one anothers' ideas. I don't care who posted it, your theory is ridiculous.

You really think a player or two going overseas is so threatening to a college basketball writer that he or she is going to toss ethics and objectivity to the wind and try to tear these kids down? That is insulting to the writers in question, baseless and foolish. When such ideas are posted here, they deserve to be questioned. I don't care who posts them.

Try to make it personal all you like. It is your idea that I have an issue with, not you.

Draft saved Draft deleted