1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeremy Roenick retires

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jul 4, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepage/8320752.html

Guy was a fucking yappy mouth and thought he was God's gift to hockey but the NHL just lost one of their more outspoken players.

But, please, TSN, don't bring him back as a colour commentator.

His career spanned 1,252 games. He scored 495 goals and added 675 assists for 1,170 points, and made one trip to the Stanley Cup Final: in 1992, when his Chicago Blackhawks were swept by Mario Lemieux and the Pittsburgh Penguins in four games.

Among U.S.-born players, he is ranked third in goals behind Mike Modano (507) and Joey Mullen (502).]His career spanned 1,252 games. He scored 495 goals and added 675 assists for 1,170 points, and made one trip to the Stanley Cup Final: in 1992, when his Chicago Blackhawks were swept by Mario Lemieux and the Pittsburgh Penguins in four games.

Among U.S.-born players, he is ranked third in goals behind Mike Modano (507) and Joey Mullen (502).

Hall of Famer?

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He's an asshole, but probably will make the Hall.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'll say this for him: Everywhere he went, he won yapped.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The best one was his yapping during the '96 playoffs at Patrick Roy who had one of the best comebacks in the history of hockey.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Apparently he found out there's no market for a clubhouse cancer who hasn't been worth a damn in years.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Was a great player in his prime. Diminished his on-ice rep by hanging on a couple more years. Definitely in the Hall.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

“I’m retiring; is that still news?”

Well, if you're text messaging it to a reporter from the city you played in two stops ago, I'm thinking "No."

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

What, no mention of him leaving a game in Vancouver early to go to a restaurant because he was a healthy scratch?

9. how is it not newsworthy when a potential Hall of Famer retires?

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

When he's scored 22 and 28 points the last two years.

Wasn't it pretty much understood at the end of last year that he was done?

11. yeah, everybody thought he would, but i still think it's newsworthy when a guy like him - who's played almost two decades - makes it official

Tim didn't go overboard, but I'm fine with the story

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fuck you, Darrien Hatcher! FUCK YOU!!! FUCK YOU!!! FUCK YOU!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted