1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jennifer Hudson's - One Shining Moment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I can't put into words how much I fucking hated this. The repeated shots of Hudson in studio were unforgivable. The woman can sing, but she over-sings everything. Way too much about HER.

DISLIKE.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That was terrible. Somebody needs to get fired.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I repeat, and echo Starman, get rid of this shit completely.
    Useless crap.

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I guess I was lucky here in the office. The internet broadcast was cut off about two minutes after the end of the game. No interviews, no trophy presentation, and no Jennifer Hudson.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yeah, but wait a minute -- will it be any better with ESPN doing the broadcast?

I mean, do you realize that it will probably be some overdone rap song with a bunch of blinking lights and shots of the rapper and dancers and all kinds of other nonsense and that is AFTER we have to endure at least four games called by Duke Vitale and Jay Duke Bilas

6. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I can not agree more. Way too many cutaways to Hudson, not enough of the tournament. Almost like Hudson's contract called for X amount of shots of her. Booo.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

There was a time when it was possible to watch college basketball with no musical montage at all. True fact.

8. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Effing dreadful.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Sort of. She's on Arista, which is owned by Sony, which bought out CBS like 20 years ago.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thought the cutaways were completely unnecessary, wished they had more (any?) shots from the KState-Xavier game, and found Hudson's voice almost inaudible (too low) to hear the lyrics. It was bad.
    I'd almost rather they get the players to voice the lyrics ala We Are The World.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not surprising, since CBS opened the damned broadcast with a P Diddy music video with slight references and only brief clips to tell you "Oh, yeah. This is the national title game for basketball."

Starfuckers.

Draft saved Draft deleted