1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Jena at Columbia (University)"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Your statements make the completely stereotypical judgment that all white neighborhoods are safe and that black neighborhoods aren't.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's been awhile, but the problem is when you lump every black community in with being just like the worst of Newark or Liberty City.

3. boots

boots New Member

That's the second racist post you've made dude.
    I have yet to have a probem in any hood in DC, Newark, Atlanta or Liberty City and I have lived in all four cities at one time in my life.
    I've seen black guys get stared and followed in a white convenience store and the guy only came in there asking for directions.
    I don't know where you live or where you have been but I truly think you need to get out more.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Would you say more white neighborhoods are safer percentage-wise than black neighborhoods? There are black communites that are beautiful, maintained and safe as hell but the majority are not even for the people who live there.

5. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Bingo. I was going to say something to this effect. I wouldn't want to walk around alone in Inglewood, but I also wouldn't go trapsing through the trailer courts of Apache Junction either. But hey, what I do know? All "white" neighborhoods are gated communities with oak trees and picket fences and not a thing goes wrong, save for getting a scratch on your Audi ::)

6. boots

boots New Member

That's the third racist statement. I've been to white neighborhoods in those four cities and didn't feel particularly safe.
    If I'm reading your post correct, it's that black people = violence. White people = peace.
    Is that correct?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd say that the more expensive the houses are, the safer you are from violent crime and gangs.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

and Ajmandenijad doesn't do the same thing? When Jews are the object of the threats and intimidation, it's protected speech, see Skokie Ill. When a noose is placed somewhere, it's not?

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Your hypocrisy is stunning. I'm neither Jewish nor African-American, but I get equally disgusted by the sight of a noose or a swastika.

10. If we say that both of those things were wrong, will you shut up and go away?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

hey_a,

Go read the First Amendment and get back to us. See if it says anything about who exactly is to allow free speech and whether folks should be free from repercussions of whatever they choose to say.

We'll wait.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Remember, earlier in the thread he said "hate speech is just speech." I guess it depends who the speech is directed at.

Draft saved Draft deleted