1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jemele Hill suspended

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 9, 2017.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wait. Jemele Hill is ESPN's most visible employee?

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

She might be. She has been a national news story twice in two months. She had star billing on Boss Tweet's social media feed.

3. poindexter

She's a national story for the 1% news junkies like us who follow this crap 24/7. Her only espn appearance is on a show that exactly one board member here watched. There is zero chance that she has a higher visibility than Dick Vitale, Stephen A. Smith, Kirk Herbstriet, Jon Gruden, just to name a couple. Hell, I might guess that Paul Finebaum has more visibility.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. It's true.

Has anyone watched the last couple of nights?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I watched for 5 minutes last night. Mike hosted and the vibe felt akin to a wake.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

She's 41 and has been an industry professional for almost 20 years. How long does the "young" label last?

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

She's been on the front page of the big dailies all week, and on the national news and is a top story (along with Weinstein) at websites from Slate to Vanity Fair.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How old is Caleb Hannan now?

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

ESPN is pretty close to NY. Haven't seen the paper every day this week, but pretty sure she wasn't on the front page of the Daily News or Post. She's been on the front page in LA or Chicago?

10. poindexter

I just went through the entire LA Times today, and I couldn't find her. Didn't check every word, but nothing I saw.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

She's been pushed down the queue today, but I feel like early in the week, the day after Trump namechecked her, she was front page WaPo, NYT in the physical paper, and top of the front on every big paper website from the Guardian on down. Chicago and LA included.

NYDN and Post were all Weinstein/Yankees from what I saw.

12. poindexter

Jon Gruden is on a three hour espn football game that has roughly 10 million viewers. He also appears in national ads for a beer and I think a car rental. He was on it last year, the year before, and will be on it next year, when Hill is doing the graveyard shift on MSNBC.

Draft saved Draft deleted