1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jemele Hill interview

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Jun 24, 2008.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Hill did that interview by phone, and in that sense I can't imagine saying "it's been a myriad emotions", even if that's the right construction. My ear would say something is missing.

As for IJAG...to stay on her good side I'll have a Mr. Pibb :)

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Which has what to do with the price of tea?

Jersey said Jemele messing it up in an interview was not in a professional capacity, so we shouldn't care. I was merely using his loophole to keep him off my back.

Perhaps "joke" was the wrong term. I should have used a different word. Good thing it wasn't for the newspaper!

3. imjustagirl

No, bu t she could have said "There have been myriad emotions." Or "many" as pointed out earlier.

Again, that word has been a pet peeve of mine. It's the only reason why I reacted that way. I haven't weighed in on the Jemele thing otherwise because frankly, I don't care. It's nothing personal against her, since I don't read her stuff and I don't know her personally.

Now, it is no longer a pet peeve because I have been shown the light by Mr. Cowbell.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A grammar-threadjack is welcome on these threads, given where they usually go.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Hey, speaking of Dr Pepper, what was with the "10 2 4" stuff on the old labels? Trying to get us to down three of those suckers -- or maybe six of those suckers -- a day, like clockwork?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I used to play poker with a guy who liked to play Dr. Pepper (it has a period in the poker version, I checked). 10s, 2s and 4s wild.
    What a horseshit game.

7. imjustagirl

Jesus. How does one hand win if half the deck is wild? :D

8. Moderator1

Lots of five of a kinds.
    When I was the host, I made a point not to invite the people who used wild card games on their deals. Damn sure not THREE of them.

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I am loving this thread now.

10. imjustagirl

Then shuffle up and deal.

11. Moderator1

No split the pots, either. ONE winner.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Throw in a methinks and we can all go have a drink.

When does the statute of limitations run out on Jemele's crime against humanity? She's been suspended, humiliated, and she apologized. There's nothing else going on in sports journalism these days?

Draft saved Draft deleted