1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jelenic resigns

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by penguin, Oct 12, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Old, but biting.
    http://www.ajr.org/Article.asp?id=3247

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

OK, this is fair.

The fact he's resigning... hallelujah!

The fact he's ill is indeed sad. I do hope for his recovery.

3. Thanks Wicked. Appreciated.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm in the company now. Haven't met the man. It's one thing to damn him for his business practices.

As far as health, turn the tables a bit. What if someone here started wishing that your mom or dad or sister -- dying from cancer -- just died? You'd be pissed beyond extreme.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No one here has walked that path. Elliotte said no, we haven't.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Does anyone think JRC really changes the way it operates once the 1,000-pound gorilla enters the permanent mist?

7. Oh Oh Oh, I know the answer

No

8. lapdog

lapdog Member

Hello. ;) ;D

Jelenic's punitive, predatory, abusive and cannibalistic operational policies make his departure from the company effectively irrelevant. The component newspapers which make up the chain have been irretrievably damaged by his mismanagement, and the sycophantic stooges he selected as his own replacement will continue in a similar vein.

And anybody interested in discussing the substances of some of my earlier threads on the subject is welcome to PM, although odds are real good you won't like the responses.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Makes me glad I didn't riff on that JRC job ad.

I'll be surprised if he's around for the New Year and shocked if he's still alive on Opening Day. Gotta figure he wasn't stepping down until he'd reached the point of no return.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

naw du, i don't think you know how badly the guy fucked with people's lives. journalists, people, don't take the approach some jrc folks take concerning this topic for no reason.

bj is a bad, bad man.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Are we allowed to use the phrase "You reap what you sow" or variants thereof?

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I don't know what that accomplishes.

Being a major-league a-hole doesn't assure that you'll face a battle with terminal cancer.

Draft saved Draft deleted