1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jelenic resigns

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by penguin, Oct 12, 2007.

1. penguin

penguin New Member

FROM E&P

Journal Register CEO Jelenic Resigns
    Published: October 12, 2007 10:10 AM ET

NEW YORK Newspaper publisher Journal Register Co. said Friday that Chairman and Chief Executive Robert M. Jelenic has resigned, effective Nov. 1 after an extended medical leave, and will be replaced by James W. Hall.

Hall has been acting CEO since June 18, when he stepped in for Jelenic who has been on medical leave since June 8.

Jelenic has been with the Journal Register Co. for nearly 20 years, the company said

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

3. penguin

penguin New Member

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003657882

That's all the story is, just those three grafs.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

An article kept to the bare minimums, just like Jelenic's properties.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Bob? Come on home...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and the sad thing is, many people will rejoice. life is too fucking short to get to the point where you enjoy the death of another. i understand how those people feel that way, but damn.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Probably isn't much to say, since he's been out of the job since June and it's common knowledge for E&P readers that he's dying.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I wasn't refering to or gloating over his medical problems. I meant in general for the misery he's caused.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

god slappy, i know. i was writing about all the jrc posters who used to come to this site a few months ago.

you're solid, my man, golden, actually.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Alright, here are the rules for this thread.

It is fair to discuss/decry Bob Jelenic's industry-related decisions.

There will no linking those decisions to his health. That's it.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Has someone checked to see if BYH has a pulse?

Elliotte, I disagree for this reason: Let the jackals like lapdog show their true colors. Says a lot more about them than anything else they'd post.

12. Maybe it's been covered, but does anyone know if Jelenic has ever been interviewed or profiled where he's been challenged about his business practices? If so, what did he say? I've Googled some and haven't found anything. Links would be good. Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted