1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jefferies JFK film

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 12, 2007.

1. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

wasn't connally still holding his cane at that point? it's been a while since i've walked through all of this stuff.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The Zapruder DVD "Image of an Assassination" restored the print a decade ago. Frames 209-212 (behind the sign) are still gone, but the sequence is clear as day.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Actually, bullets can change directions even by hitting soft tissue such as flesh and cartilage.

Bullets may deflect only a few degrees after contacting something small or soft, such as Kennedy's throat. Or they may fly wildly after hitting something large or hard, such as a tree or car or building.

As for firing two shots in 5.6 seconds with a bolt action rifle, that's not terribly hard to do with a good rifle that has a smooth action and properly seated ammunition.

Doing it at a moving target the size of a salad plate from a 6-story building is more intense. But Oswald was trained to do that as an expert marksman, could do it and did do it.

4. He was not an expert marksman; at least in everything I've ever read/seen on the man. He was average to slightly above average.

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

"According to the Warren Report, "Oswald was trained in the use of the M-1 rifle. His practice scores were not very good, but when his company fired for record on December 21, he scored 212, 2 points above the score necessary to qualify as a "sharpshooter" on a marksman/sharpshooter/expert scale."

Sounds like he may have been average to above-average to expert, depending on the situation.

Either way, unfortunately, he did what he set out to do in Dallas.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

When you show me a credible conspiracy theory, without obvious holes or contradictions, I might agree with you. I think everything about how the government handled the JFK assassination is a seminar in bungling and botching. But I also believe that Oswald acted alone.

7. Your Holiness -- That's an assertion. not an argument.
    And I can make out a conspiracy to obstruct justice after the fact with my eyes closed, beginning with the WC's original mandate.

8. Simon_Cowbell

The windshield is an obstacle until a certain point on Houston, shooting at the target coming toward is more difficult (having to steepen the angle of the rifle downward severely) than hitting it going away, once onto Elm, the car had no exit option. It had a few on Houston.

You poor bastards.

9. Yeah if it wanted to drive into the Dal-Tex Building, or the County Jail or through the crowd, which latter option was also available on Elm, by the way.
    And the windshield on a car with no roof is a greater obstacle that a tree with full foliage? To a guy with a high-powered rifle?
    Try harder.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Full foliage?

It was late November.

Check the day-after of the Jefferies film again.

Even if a tree obstructed the shooter until frame 226, there was still plenty of time to pop him twice.

And, which is the more obstructive material?

Let's go ask Tiger Woods to make the green by going through a tree's branches, or through bulletproof glass. See what he would choose.

Also, Kennedy's driver had no exit path out of fire on Elm.

How about you stop being so intellectually dishonest about this?

If you believe that Oswald could not have pulled off the deed by himself, you go right onto my same shelf as the kooks who say that a missile, not a jetliner, flew into the Pentagon on 9/11.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Man, Simon, why don't you lighten up a bit? Make the argument, not insults. No need for this whole "kook" and "poor bastards" stuff.

12. Simon_Cowbell

You don't feel the need.

I do.

Draft saved Draft deleted