1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Pearlman: SJ.com is for loosers!!11!!11!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Pearlman has always been pleasant to me in my limited interactions with him. I really enjoyed his blog when it was really focused on the craft of book-writing. When I wrote a book, I made it my mission to interview at least a hundred people, and it was largely inspired by the way Pearlman approached his books. (Not that they are perfect - I understand the whole "Kitty Kelly of sports writing" thing. But he does work his ass off on them.)

I wish he wasn't that insecure as I'm hearing, but I guess there's a lot of that going around at that level.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's funny. In law school, the professors encouraged us to challenge their viewpoints and analysis. It made for a robust classroom experience.

Not once did they whine that they were being trolled.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Were there people in your class who in lieu of debating would just shout out "Moron"? I doubt it.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I was 23 when I started college. I looooooved class debates.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

My head is spinning as CD Boogie is decrying the lack of decorum 'round these parts.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Dude, you're deep for someone who spends 87% of his time here talking shit ... and yet, you'll never be on ignore.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Come on. It's closer to 70/30.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sorry, I was told there would be no math questions!

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You would. Hillbilly.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Wow...I've been on this board for 10 years...and I swear I thought I knew the place pretty well.
    Reading this makes me realize how much I don't know about SJ.com World! haha
    But, I have met Vombatus in real life and I'm still friends with IJAG on Facebook...so I got that going for me...

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Shit, I've been around close to 15, with a 5-year hiatus when I was teaching and stretched too thin. Of course, all the drama seemed to happen during that epoch.

The people I met or knew in real life have all moved on -- IJAG, Mighty_Wingman, PaseanaARG, FuerteJ, etc.

But I love this current, mostly anonymous (to me) crew.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Oh, and DoubleJ...also a FB friend (now heading to FB to say hi, I miss our chats)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.