1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Kent to be on Survivor Philippines -- Season 25 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Re: Jeff Kent to be on Survivor Philippines

They should put Barry Bonds on with him, and watch hilarity ensure.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I've never watched a single minute of Survivor, but Dykstra would make me a loyal watcher. It could be court appointed.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know there's at least one returning player. I think his name is Jeff Penner. I recognized him in the picture. I'm not sure if he's the only one...

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I believe there are three returning players. I read somewhere that three players that had to leave the game previously were coming back.

I hope one is the guy that burned his hands (his name escapes me.)

I hope one is NOT Colton.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's the guy who fell in the fire, the guy who was injured during fans v. favorites and the guy who almost died during a challenge because of a low pulse.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Whew. No Colton.

And yeah, the guy that fell in the fire. That's the one I wanted to see back.

7. Mizzougrad96

The twist this season is that at the merge, Natalie, Tootie, Jo and Mrs. Garrett are joining the cast.

8. Mizzougrad96

Wow, I must have missed him in the "meet the cast" pics on EW. He was awesome that season until he fell into the fire. That was the craziest shit I think they've seen in 24 seasons.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Mentally retarded people are not allowed on Survivor.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Serious question. Kent was a Jay for a while and I don't remember any interviews but I'm curious (since I'm not a journalist), why was he such an asshole?

As I said, just curious.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Show started. Who's watching?

One contestant recognized Kent, but hasn't said anything yet. None of the younger players seem to know who Lisa Welchel is.

I thought Zane had a pretty good strategy, but he should have let the others in on it after his "vote me out speech" and blindsided Russell.

I'm glad the newbies actually seem to be smart enough to target the returning players, but we'll see if that actually happens.

And the blond woman from Utah is HOT!

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Katie is pretty easy on the eyes too. RC, the annoying executive assistant/investment banker, is annoying, but brings some rack to the table.

Zane was highly entertaining, but you just knew his strategy wouldn't work. Always liked Penner and how he would banter with Probst. He could be a factor if they don't gas him early. Some great foreshadowing during the pre-challenge strategy session which they never show unless it is going to come into play somewhere down the line.

Draft saved Draft deleted