1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Kent to be on Survivor Philippines -- Season 25 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I forget who all I picked out in the photos, but one was definitely Rupert. I didn't hate Rupert, but I don't need another season with him.

That list is less than mouth-watering.
    -- Brandon is an idiot. Yuck.
    -- I'm glad to see Erik get another chance, after making the biggest mistake in the history of the game.
    -- Cochran coming back ... eh. I don't dislike him as much as many seemed to, but I'm not thrilled to see him again. Maybe he'll be focused on not looking like such a douche.
    -- Andrea is hot.
    -- Phillip is awesome. I'm excited to see him again. What a nutcase.
    -- Malcolm already? I get that he's a fan fav now, but how could he have been when the season was filmed? I like him, but it'd have been nice to have a few seasons in between.
    -- I don't and/or barely remember the rest.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It should be interesting. Malcolm is the only real "alpha" I see in the group - and nobody knew how he did when the show was taped last spring.
    Don't really remember the women much and the men seem mostly in the "hot mess" category.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I think he was trying to call her a hypocrite for being a God freak yet also being dishonest by not sharing her past (when nobody asked her) and she turned it around and said he didn't volunteer to share his past either. I thought that was kind of a bullshit move at that point. If he kept it to himself that long, he should have sat on it until after the vote.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah, the finale episode wasn't kind to anyone. Penner looked like a dick. I thought Denise looked shitty for bragging about outlasting Malcolm, as if she'd performed some kind of Jedi mind trick on Mike and Lisa to make them take her not him. And I thought Malcolm didn't come off well with some of his bitterness at the very end.

This was a great season, and I guess there's always a lot of butt hurt in the jury, but there certainly seemed to be plenty this time.

5. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Apparently there's going to be some mental health issues next time....if you believe the spoilers. Of course one of those said Skupin won Sunday.

Meanwhile, Lisa is going to co-host Probst's syndicated talk show. Huh? No wonder the ratings suck, I'd never heard of the show.
    http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_philippines/2012_Dec_17_lisa-whelchel-probst-co-host

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Denise was very deserving. Malcolm also would have been a deserving winner.

I can't believe Blair won the fan favorite over Malcolm.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's bad list of 'favorites.'
    Phillip, Cochran and Brandon are so annoying. They do not make for interesting TV. Each of them during their seasons made it hard for me to watch to show.

Erik has been singled out by a lot of people for making the dumbest move in the history of the game. I disgagree with that assessment, but I think it's among the top five dumbest moves.

Malcolm's a good player, and I think he showed in a season that had several decent players.

All of the women on the list were pretty forgettable.
    I guess Dawn was likeable.

Draft saved Draft deleted