1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Jacobs carves up Pat Summitt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, Jun 12, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I never made it through this entire mess. Did I miss the point where he wrote that nobody at Tennessee would answer his questions?

He blames Summit without trying to talk to her? Just because she refused to answer anybody else, he doesn't try? And he has the nerve to call her a coward? At least try to act like a journalist.

Yes, there should be some answer to the question. Any column written without at least trying to find out is a joke.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ya think? Good grief ...

Sure, let's paint Pat Summitt as the black hat. Because we all know Geno Auriemma is the greatest human being on Earth ...

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

Isn't he the Courant's lead columnist? That was terribly written and unreported. Standards must be slipping at once was thought to be a solid regional product.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll be satisfied as long as this ends with UConn and Hartford playing a home-and-home.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

You mean Jennifer Rizzotti?

I don't have a problem with them discontinuing the series. Girl hoops fans would prefer to see them play each other in the Big "Girl" Dance anyway. Secondly, Pat and Geno, given their huge egos, hate each other.

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

I think the word "coward" is probably overdoing it, but I think there should be an explanation from Summitt. Jacobs usually does really good columns.

7. chazp

chazp Active Member

I hate it when writers try to create a controversy to justify writing a column. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

See, I thought the whole thing with Pat and Geno was -- at least once upon a time -- they were tight.

And if Geno's dropping the L card around on Summit ... well, stay classy, Geno. Maybe you can add Rene Portland to your staff too.

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Ooooh! The kings of women's college basketball don't get along? In other news, no one cares.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

1. Point of order: Jacobs says Summitt has won more national championship than any other college coach. Excuse me, but she trails John Wooden by three.

2. I saw a Lady Vols Wheaties box in the grocery store the other day, and I had to seriously fight the urge to throw it in the floor and urinate on it.

3. Guesswho: A pox on your house, for now I have Rocky Top rolling through my brain

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not to be critical or anything, but I find that milk really works better on cereal.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If this is about what I've heard it's about, Pat might never give us the real reason. I'm hearing the same thing someone said earlier, that Geno is using Pat's divorce against her in recruiting and quite possibly making it very personal. And she knows Geno still needs the series more than she does (where outside the Northeast is UConn more popular than Tennessee?), and she felt the need to put a bully in his place.

I'm not saying what she's doing is right, but it's not the worst thing ever. The Lady Vols will still play 20-plus games against NCAA tournament teams, like they do every other year.

My biggest concern is that now the biggest women's game will be more Duke-Carolina shoved down our throats. Yuck.

Draft saved Draft deleted