1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JC Penney rips off The Breakfast Club

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Aug 12, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, dorks have to shop somewhere, too.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

like i've ever done drugs. those pieces of charred aluminum foil mean nothing! ;)

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

she's a tub girl
    and her butt is squirty
    but it really does't matter anyway ...

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I was mildly bemused. It was "hey it's the Breakfast Club ... now with BLACKS!" Seriously, it was like they realized after the first shooting that the Saturday detention crew was pretty homogenous, so they tried in vain to diversify. Instead it was "okay, which one is she?" I understand why they'd not want an all-white cast, but it came off as really clunky. Plus the cover sucked so much ass. SO much ass.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Anyone born after 1990 is watching that ad and wondering why the parents have such crap cars.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i wasn't a big fan of the movie when it was made ... whatever fucking year that was.

7. Trey Beamon

not solid, petty.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't get angry seeing a commercial like that. Rather, I come to expect it. It's been more than 20 years since "The Breakfast Club" came out. The only wonder is how a commercial like this didn't come out sooner?

If it's memorable pop culture, it's going to get ripped off at some point. Even "The Breakfast Club."

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

alley sheedy was meant to be filmed making hot, sweaty monkey sex. not appearing as a dork.

10. Trey Beamon

She did clean up nice.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

anything resembling hot, sweaty monkey sex?

12. Trey Beamon

Sweaty? Doubtful.

I'm pretty sure the school was air conditioned.

Draft saved Draft deleted