1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Sherman life report (now in publishing!)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jay Sherman, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Hey guys, it's been about 18 months since my last post, and just over two years since my involuntary departure with sports journalism (got laid off on the day of Obama's inauguration). Since I spent most of my time in-between jobs looking for jobs, and then ended up switching industries (sort of) a couple times, I abandoned ship here.

Hell, 99% of you probably don't even remember me. I only had ~600 posts before. I stumbled on this board when I was looking for my first job out of college (2008 grad) and this place was an invaluable resource. Eight months after landing my first job (from a paper that has been featured more than a few times on the jobs board), I got the pink slip.

Anyway, I've landed on my feet and am an assistant managing editor for a publishing company now. It's nothing sports-related, but anyone in the DC/Baltimore area looking for work or looking for a change can feel free to PM me, or ask for any details on the publishing world (at least, what my experience has been with it). I've been here almost a year and my company (and industry) feels a lot less like the Titanic than the journalism world did.

/attentionwhorepost

Draft saved Draft deleted