1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Mariotti has a column again, for some reason

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Really, Pearlman only has Sports Illustrated to blame for the Chicago reaction. I mean, he has stupid Chicago people to blame, too. But between battling SI and battling human nature, SI would have been the easier fight.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Why can't I see the reader comments?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Are you checking it on your phone? I couldn't find the comments there either. On my computer they were Facebook comments on the right side.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Hadn't read the comments. But just checked and they're there. They're doozies too.

Aside from the one-time clicks that might be generated by the morbidly curious, can't see the upside in this for ChicagoSide. This guy was more despised than appreciated by most Chicago sports fans who paid any attention to him at all. A cynical move by this otherwise forward-thinking Web site.

5. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

The L.A. County posturing was guaranteed to go over just great on a Chicago sports site.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Everything Jay has written for three years includes love letters to the Santa Monica bar scene. When he defended himself on Whitlock's podcasts, it was clear his life revolved around the stupid bars visits. Being a barfly in trendy So Cal dives is hardly a way to build credentials after a career flameout.

Dude needs counseling. Or at least a serious image consultant.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It sounds like he has turned into the stereotypical ex-jock. Which is funny considering he never was the jock.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Are you logged into Facebook?

9. Mizzougrad96

No... That might be it...

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You can apparently rip him through Yahoo, too

11. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I saw them... The first one is the best one...

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Written by a Boiler nonetheless. Must be a Chicago native. But it was well done.

Draft saved Draft deleted