1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Leno Skit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, May 13, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You've probably seen this on FB but if you haven't it's a fun few minutes of life at a gas station:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151607240553606

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Fake. But funny.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/viral-video/actors-star-in-tonight-show-viral-video-6758492

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wow. Someone went to the same gas station two years apart? And happened to be coming from her day job?

DEFINITELY FAKE.

Jesus, ifilus.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Actors in LA? The odds. Needing gas? Hmm. Recognizing an opportunity to get some screen time and making the most of it? Shocking.

That their song choices were Bon Jovi and Eurythmics? Now THAT is puzzling.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Leno probably insisted on picking the songs.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Wow. And she happened to show up on a 'Tonight Show' bit twice in two years?

DEFINITELY RANDOM & COINCIDENTAL!

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The gas station by my house has six pumps. I go to the same one every time because it's the easiest to access.

The fault lies with Jay's people picking her again, though there no way you DON'T put this one on air. It's not like they were plants.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I imagine this might be more rampant in newspapers than people realize, if yours does something like a weekly "walk and talk" or man on the street segment. At one past place, they finally instituted a practice of making sure to run the people's names in the internal database first, to make sure we weren't constantly reusing people or running comments from people with warrants out for their arrest. One week, five of the six people I had gotten snippets from had to be scrapped, since they had all previously been in the paper.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wait a minute! We've interviewed this Heywood guy every week!

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

As if - that guy is totally a 6. Not worth my time to talk to. I don't even get out of bed for someone less than an 8.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Greg Packer says hi!

Draft saved Draft deleted