1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay Cutler requests trade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Mar 16, 2009.

1. mb

mb Active Member

Admitted Donkeys fanboy looser alert ...

Cutler might want to STFU and make nice. Because, as of now, he's a good QB that's run up a bunch of stats in a wildly QB-friendly offense. He's also led the team to a grand total of 0 playoff games.

I'm not certain the only difference between he and the other QBs in his noted QB class isn't his having landing in the right system.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The ESPN version of this story is so biased for Cutler. Mort is so in bed with Bus Cook that he can't be impartial on stories like this.

I'm sure both parties share blame, but Mort has made it seem like Cutler is 100 percent the victim in all of this.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Bowlen couldn't keep his ego in check, and now he has some real adversity.

I love it.

Replace Shanahan with a fucking ballboy? Are you kidding me?

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't think Detroit will send them the No. 1 pick overall.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We're talking about the Lions. Anything's possible.

If Denver offered Cutler, its No. 1 and 2 picks for the overall No. 1 I think they'd entertain it.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If they trade Cutler, who is the starter? Chris Simms?

Lord, what a mess they have made for themselves in Denver.

7. mb

mb Active Member

1. Replacing Shanahan wasn't the problem. Replacing him with Boy Wonder ... yeah, that was dumb.

2. Denver's not giving up Cutler and picks. They've got 650 holes on that dog-ass defense. They need every pick they can get.

3. You really think Detroit wouldn't give up the No. 1 overall for Cutler? Would you trade Matt Stafford (and the contract he'll demand having proven nothing at the pro level) for Cutler?

My best guess: Cutler under center for Denver in Week 1.

8. 93Devil

If Denver offered Cutler, the 12th overall pick and the 44th (?) overall pick for the #1, they should be thrown out of the league.

Would you trade Cutler straight up for Drew Stafford or Sanchez? I would in a heart beat.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Isn't that some odd form of collusion?[/quote]Certainly sounds like it. End of the day, though, who are you going to trust when making a deal? In the Pats' case, they're going to trust those that are in good standing with the New England Mafia.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Detroit is talking with Denver as we speak per Mlive.com

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Cutler is no victim. He is acting like an overly-sensitive child. But it's the head coach's job to get along with the players, to find a way to get their best out of them. That includes the ones who are overly-sensitive children. How do you let your relationship with your quarterback get so bad that he is demanding a trade before you even have a mini-camp together?

If Denver gives up ANYTHING more than just Cutler for the No. 1 pick overall, the Broncos are idiots.

12. 93Devil

What makes this a great debate is that there is no agreement on how good Cutler is or could be down the road.

Draft saved Draft deleted