1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaws

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff_Rake, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Re: SHUT UP KORNHEISER

Outing alert -- Van Lingle Mungo is Peter King. :D

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I think the guy next to Van Lingle Mungo is Peter King ... all those lattes can't be good on the bowels.

3. Re: SHUT UP KORNHEISER

If it were, would finding out Peter King's bowels moved 12 times on September 21 warrant its own thread?

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No, but I'm sure he would make a column out of it.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Did Starbucks merge with Super Colon Blow?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fantastic.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Once a week Fox Soccer Channel airs a Premiership match from SkySports with one diehard fan from each team as the announcer pair. It's absolutely fantastic. The commentary frequently dissolves into "Bloody hell! No! NOOO!!!"

They should try it out with the NFL. At least the NFL network could give it a shot.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It certainly can't be worse than the Theesman-Kornheiser color combo.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Now you did it. Bill Slimmons is going to lurk here, and steal it for his column.. Wait, that would be bashing an ESPN employee. Never mind. Give it to the guy at WaPo who reamed him before...

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I think the idea might work best for hockey.....of the traditional "four major" sports, it has the smallest and most obsessive fan base. I'm not a huge hockey fan, but you can be guaranteed I would watch a Habs-Leafs game if the booth was an intelligent diehard fan from each team.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

The Red Sox would be smart to have Dennis Leary and Lenny Clark join the booth more often.....baseball has a lot of down time, and can often use some comedy.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, but can you really trust them on an open mic for three or more hours? Does NESN use a time-delay?

Draft saved Draft deleted