1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaws

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff_Rake, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Re: SHUT UP KORNHEISER

Tirico, Jaworski, Vermeil.

And maybe.....just maybe put someone on the sidelines who actually know something about the game of football.......Tafoya, Kolber, and for NBC, Andrea Kremer........dreadful.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I just want to note that Kornheiser's lame fantasy plugs every week is not some sort of dig/act ... as they showed his team via a graphic tonight. (Oh, please make it stop!)

But it is obviously a TV ploy as Kornheiser mentioned how his partner (forget his name, some producer or something) dropped McNabb for Plummer so they could have a guy in tonight's game (so Kornheiser could keep mentioning this crap I guess). Yup, that's how the real fantasy leaguers play ... here's hoping they dump this team next year, although I sincerely doubt it will happen.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Tafoya to Jake Plummer: "How did you feel when you threw that touchdown pass?" How did you feel? Are you fucking kidding me? What a rookie question.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck, Butkus is below even Willie Gault, Matt Suhey and Gary Fencik.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Jeebus, Junkie, that's his opinion, one that a large percentage would agree with. Now I know you're the repository of all knowledge and all, but that isn't something to hang him with; he'll do plenty of other things that you can use.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not so stupid, junkie...sayers, payton and butkus are about equal in name recognition

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

holy fuck, dickhead, you know even less about football than you do about baseball... tough to know less than nothing.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Christ, I thought Tafoya's yarn about Pete Carroll's memories of Leinart would end sometime in the third quarter.

9. Re: SHUT UP KORNHEISER

Butkus is easily the most famous Bear when non-sports fan are included.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not for nothing, but this is the first time I've put on MNF prior to kickoff and this pre-game show sucks nards.

It worked just fine without a 90-minute pregame show--not to mention the three hours of football coverage before that--for 30-odd years.

Then the 8:30 start is actually 8:42.

Just show the fucking game and start it on time. Is it that fucking difficult? [/Mushnick]

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was brutal.

Apparently he was in ice and then he was wheeled out for the second half and won, or something.

I think she's still talking.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

What the fuck is Theisman talking about, Rolle dropping the INT will come back to haunt the Cardinals?
    The Bears are punting anyway and the INT would have been farther downfield than where the punt went.
    Holy shit this threesome is horrendous.

Draft saved Draft deleted