1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jason Kidd, team player.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 6, 2007.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

BYH has it right. Kidd could have joined the Spurs as a free agent a few years ago but chose to re-sign with the Nets because they could pay him more. He chose the check over the championship, so now he has to deal with it. Screw him.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nice try, Jason... liar

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Did Joemomma take him to the cleaners in the divorce?

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The guys has played his ass off for that team for the past six years. I have no idea what happened with respect to yesterday's game, but he doesn't seem the type to do that.

It's clear that he's frustrated because their 4 and 5s are the horrible (with the exception of Williams) and they have no chance at competeing. Kristic has been awful, Collins is the only one who defends but he can't score and Williams isn't strong enough.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

"I would never abuse the game of basketball," Kidd said.

yeah. he saves that for women.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

How about this quote?

"I am blessed to have the contract that I have," Kidd insisted. "There's been a lot of speculation about the extension and all this other stuff. That's just the business of basketball and...I have nothing to do with that. For me, (the goal is) to go out and win as many games as possible before the playoffs start. That's what I'm trying to do."

"The business of basketball and...I have nothing to do with that" = I pay my agent to demand trades and to call in sick on my behalf

Piece of shit.

8. Webster

BYH, how do you know that he was lying? He very well could be, but how are you so sure?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, didn't he say he never demanded that Bryon Scott get fired? I think that's been pretty much proven a lie.

and every denial by the Nets back then was carefully worded. Like this one:

"I want to reiterate that this was an erroneous story without merit — Jason Kidd has never asked nor demanded that Coach Scott be fired, and to be portrayed otherwise is an injustice to Jason as well as Coach Scott," Thorn said Thursday in a statement.

Plausible deniability. If his agent makes the demand, then technically Kidd's got nothing to do with it.

Kidd's been passive-aggressively trying to get out of Jersey for years. It's gotten really obvious this year, with all the gushing over LeBron James and all their texting and Kidd saying he'd be willing to play a complementary role on a contender once this deal expires. So why would he be telling the truth about his migraine?

10. Webster

Because, whatever his problem with Scott or management, he has never let it show on the court. I've watched a lot of Nets games over the past decade, and Kidd is the hardest working player on that team during that time. He played on one leg before he had knee surgery and came back early while logging ridiculous minutes. I've never seen him dog for parts of games it the way that the other stars on that team have done.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'll give you that Kidd is a ferocious competitor and always busts his butt ON the court. But I'm not sure what that has to do with whether he's a dishonest or manipulative person OFF the court.

Ole "Charlie Hustle" Pete Rose was once considered to be the most fiercely competitive hardest working player on the field baseball, but that didn't stop him from being a lying scumbag off it.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I just think he's an incredibly deceitful guy. And he could still spin himself as someone who never quits on the floor because he didn't play last night.

Draft saved Draft deleted