1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jason Collins Coming out

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jdent58, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He does not deserve a roster spot just because he is gay. He will gain some added revenue for coming out, though. Probably a lot more in the long run than if he took up a space on the crappiest bench in the NBA.

2. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Even Whitman thought it was pretty civil. If it gets locked, it's a whiner who thinks nice things exist when everyone is cheering for the same team.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Really bad form to start another thread on same topic once another has been locked.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

OP is a noob ... I hope he's getting me a Coors Light.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Open forums are cool.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Jason Collins in his last 13 games had 11 DNP's and a total of 2 points. Now that's production that should keep him in the league.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Between Collins, and Tebow getting cut, Howard is living a charmed life.

8. Dash 7

Dash 7 Member

I kind of have to ask how much you watch the NBA. Veteran big men don't really have any trouble finding work. Teams love having them around, even if they barely play.

This is a guy who was already really well regarded around the league. If Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas and Juwan Howard found work (among dozens of other "has-beens"), Jason Collins will too. Hell, he'd only be the seventh-oldest player on the Knicks. Do you have any idea what kind of names litter the end of NBA rosters? Jason Collins will find work for just about as long as he wants.

I remember there being hand wringing among Celtic fans I know that they traded Collins, given their dearth of big man depth.

9. Riptide

Greg Kite found work for 12 seasons. Greg Kite.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

11. JackS

JackS Member

Please. That's the worst you guys can do? The worst, gangliest, least coordinated player I ever saw bounced around for over a decade in the league because he was 7-5. In all seriousness, I think I have more hoop skills...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nevitch01.html

End of thread.

12. Riptide

Is that Al Gore? I thought he was busy inventing the Interwebs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.