1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Apr 9, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Also an inaccuracy: Coles Hamels is married to both those women.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I kinda dig little Debbie.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Little Debbies, sure.

4. But not surprised.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not anymore.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Immigrants used to change their names to accommodate American spelling or to distance themselves from ethnicities that hadn't been fully accepted in this country.
    That was 100 years ago. Apparently, they're still living in 1909 down in Terrell, Texas.
    Not only will this alleged lawmaker skate on this one; she'll be more popular than ever among her constituency.

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

James Kickingstallionsims gives 'em fits at Alabama State.

Funny comment on this link referring to Aaron Boone and his wife: "Why do all these hot model types always marry guys with no fantasy value?"

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Officials at Ellis Island also used to change surnames when immigrants would come to the U.S.

But Brown does have a point. How are sportswriters supposed to get these Asian kids scholarships if they can't spell their names?

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Paul HOUSEHOLDER of the Reds was such a scrawny little guy, the first H and the R were tucked into his baseball pants.

10. dargan

dargan Active Member

Terrell, Texas, hometown of Jamie Foxx and former two-time Sun Belt Player of the Year Brandon "Booger" Kennedy, who was a disruptive interior force on the North Texas front line at 5-9, 330. His older brother, Kenoy, has been one of the NFL's top cheap-shot artists of the the new millennium.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I knew a girl whose last name was Paulson. No relation to Hank, at least as far as I know. She told me her grandfather or great-grandfather had come over to America with a friend of his. When they were asked for their names, one told them "Paul Johnson" and the other said "John Paulson."

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sadly, no I'm not.

Draft saved Draft deleted