1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jan. 3 bowl thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 3, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

He left a rising Mac conference and a team that was No. 14. In football terms I don't know. Maybe lifestyle wise it was the better move.

You are right about better recruiting though.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I agree Chizik blows. But Gill at Auburn. Im not so sure he is ready for the SEC yet. Maybe a year or two more.

3. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

There's no such thing as a rising MAC team. Name me a team that has stayed on top for more than 3-4 years lately. There are teams that rarely have terrible seasons, but look at Miami, Toledo and BG lately.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Central Michigan, Western too.

5. prezclinton

And dude, it's Mid-American Conference, not Mac conference. Holy shit that just kills me. Nothing personal.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Turner Gill needs no more time. He is a fast-tracker.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Sorry I'm playing PS2 online and typing in between plays. I should prolly stop. Ill be back later.

8. prezclinton

Central just finished their third good year in a row. They were 6-5 in '05, but that's not at the top of the conference. Before that they were a shit team. And now Lefevour is leaving.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Did he announce he was leaving? I must have missed it. Link?

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

[​IMG]

Yes?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. prezclinton

Thought he was a senior, now I realize that he was a frosh in 06. Well maybe they will kill my theory next year.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It won't matter for them offensively anyway Brunner lit it up when LeFevour was out. It's an offense built to put up a lot of points. Antonio Brown returns and he may be the best athlete in the conference so does a solid backfield. They'll be back in '09. And they actually play a beatable BCS team - ex: not Clemson 07 or Georgia 08. They get MSU. Should be interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted