1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jan. 2 bowl thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

you think this Cotton Bowl result will move the BCS game line a bit? Ole Miss is looking like Oklahoma right now.

2. sg86

sg86 Member

I would expect some serious changes in the lines for the remaining two BCS games.

Also, OSU in big games vs. a Big 12 defense.....will the world implode Monday night?

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Tech's defense hit the wall against Oklahoma St. and Oklahoma. Sooner or later, that surprising stellar play was going to run out of gas.

Sometimes you feel like a Nutt...

Arkansas, let this remind you that though Nutt is eccentric and has had some internal problems (see Springdale 5 and the Mustains), the sumbitch is a good game-day coach, if he isn't distracted by other stuff.

With the Cotton Bowl leaving the old girl, am I to assume that Texas and Oklahoma will be moving the Red River Shootout to the new Texas Stadium?

Tech's O-lineman are losing their fucking minds on the field.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Leach's QB sneak on 4th and 4 will forever be a great call. And Tech's bad-ass, tatted-up linemen are all ready to kick some ass now that they're down by 14. Absolutely fucking pathetic showing.

5. D-3 Fan

WTF was that? If I was Nutt, to pay homage to Mike Gundy after Tech scored in the final seconds vs. Okie State, I would score on this final drive.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Nope. They recently signed a deal to stay in the Cotton Bowl through 2015.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I haven't gone through this whole thread, so it might have already been said, but the difference was Ole Miss wanted to be there, Tech didn't.

8. D-3 Fan

Thanks for the info, da man. When it comes to bowl games, there is one truth that will always stick: who wants to be there and who doesn't. That's a fact. Let's see if Bama listened to Satan, er, Saban, and play like they want to rip Utah's fucking heads off in New Orleans.

9. mb

mb Active Member

Let me guess ... Oklahoma State didn't want to be "there" either?

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Have no idea. I do know that Tech viewed this game as a consolation prize for what they thought was going to be a championship season. Not long ago, Crabtree said at a press conference (thank you, Google): "You all know the bowl that I wanted to go to," Crabtree said, referring to the BCS title game. "I really don't want to go to the Cotton Bowl. I'm really not feeling the Cotton Bowl. I want to go to a bigger bowl than that."

Ole Miss, meanwhile, was coming in on a roll, itching for a chance to beat a top-10 team.

No clue about Oklahoma State.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so the big 12 south is a bunch of quitters, or was the conference horribly overrated?

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Texas will bitch slap Ohio State.
    Bitch slap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.