1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jameis Winston in trouble? (This time for stealing crab legs?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 13, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I have forgotten to pay for a case of water that was under my cart. Most of the time the check out person scans it without my having to lift it. It happened that he didnt scan it and i forgot to remind him. I still paid for the $189.00 worth of groceries.
    Did he buy anything else and forgot to pay for seafood? Maybe he paid for the coleslaw and potato salad and lemons and cocktail sauce?
    If he didn't pay for anything, then he's a liar and a thief. And is sorry he got caught

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There's no question he's lying.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You have no PROOF he's lying.

4. heyabbott

define PROOF

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's OOP's job

6. Mizzougrad96

Right. Which is why they made the ridiculous claims that he forgot to pay. We know he didn't "forget" to pay, but we can't "prove" that he did it intentionally.

7. heyabbott

we do know he did not inentionally pay

8. Mizzougrad96

If you're the FSU beat writer do you go to that Publix and try to find out if this is an isolated incident or if they have video footage of other times Winston was in the store? I would bet just about anything this is not an isolted incident.

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Certainly worth going down there and asking, but few stores keep video for more than 24 or 48 hours unless there is something on the video that they know they need to keep.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Who knew? Chris Webber caught all sorts of crap in 1993 when he pissed and moaned about not being able to buy a fish sandwich (despite his pockets being stuffed full of $625,000 from a gambling operator).

Maybe all he really needed to do was go steal some crab legs or lobsters.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Might not be the first time this happened ....

Today, former NFL player and current ESPN host Marcellus Wiley asserted that this Publix has been “taking care of players for years”, a claim that was backed up by Sun-Sentinel writer Omar Kelly. Portland Trail Blazer and former Lehigh basketball star C.J. McCollum has also weighed in, saying that this was common practice in many schools.
    While it seems strange that the store would now turn on Winston and Florida State, we’ve received a tip via e-mail containing a Facebook post from March that claims that Winston has taken free food from a grocery store before.

http://collegespun.com/acc/florida-state/this-facebook-post-from-march-seems-to-suggest-this-wasnt-jameis-winstons-first-free-seafood-dinner

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So I guess the two guys who shot the clerk at the Sac-O-Suds were football players angry that that the last can of tuna was taken?

Draft saved Draft deleted