1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jalen Rose Calls Out Skip Bayless

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Apr 11, 2012.

1. mb

mb Active Member

No, he's ripping him because he's made all kinds of bullshit claims about his HS athletic prowess.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, Jalen (who as noted is quite a dickbag himself) is ripping Bayless because Bayless has the habit of going into long diatribes about how stupid and fundamentally awful certain NBA players (in this case Russell Westbrook but notably LeBron James on monotonously frequent occasions) are, and using his own alleged status as a brilliant but unsung HS player as his credentials to do so. In reality, Bayless was barely a HS basketball player at all -- he barely hung onto the last seat on the bench.

Jalen Rose thinks his own status as a brilliant HS player, a pretty good college player, and an adequate-at-times NBA player qualifies HIM as an expert on basketball. It doesn't. But at least he doesn't lie (much) about his own playing career.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Mr. Bayless ... one of the few things that could have me completely on Jalen Rose's side. Takes some work, but you did it. Take a bow.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

In a true WTF moment of TV journalism, Stephen A. Smith joins the fray and it becomes a farce. Skip explains his high school career and why it sucked. Jalen pretty much stays on topic and actually makes sense. Oh baby.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=B5GQLPVOGs0

5. Raiders

Raiders Guest

What trash. It's desperation theater.

What I'd like to see is the screamfest from the Principal's Office.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Stephen A. wins the screamfest. No question about it.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All we need now is for Mariotti to join the fun and regale us with tales of his own HS hoops prowess.

DICKBAG UPDATE: Jalen Rose trolls for credibility/sympathy by pulling the card that his father was the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, and thus he's spent his whole life living and breathing the game.

The father, of course, he went to great lengths to avoid most of his adult life.

8. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Wow, poor Skipper looked like he was ready to cry the whole time. That was one of the most ridiculous segments I've seen in a long time on ESPN, WTF did that have to do with anything except Skipper and Jalen, I thought they were supposed to be talking about the NBA?

I didn't think it was possible for ESPN to lose more credibility, but they just did... again

9. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Blackboard duty for all involved:
    "We are not the story. We are the story-tellers."

Draft saved Draft deleted