1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jalen Rose Calls Out Skip Bayless

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

This was very refreshing.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jalen-rose-calls-skip-bayless-air-trumped-high-214530179.html

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That was sweet watching Bayless stammer around ...

5. NDub

NDub Guest

Bayless is a cocksucker who deserves any legit burn thrown at him. Until this short clip, I've never seen a second of that shitfest "First Take," but I've heard all about Bayless. I'd guess most of the jabs people get at him are in a sports-related argument. But something more personal like this hopefully takes this prick down a peg. It looked like there was some legit heat there between Rose and Bayless. Go Blue.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh my. Bayless has been trading on this story for at least the last 10 years -- he used to do quite a bit of radio out here in the Bay Area and would tell it to give some context as to why he loved Rick Barry so much as a kid. (Barry was also hosting radio out here at the time.) For anyone with access to the complete Skip Bayless archive, and the inclination to subject yourself to that much listening, you'd probably find this story at least two dozen times.

7. Biscayne

Biscayne Guest

Lynn Hoppes just spit out his coffee. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jalen Rose is a dickbag of the first water too, always quick to play the "you never played the game" card.

But it was fun to watch him score the rhetorical two-handed slam in Skippy's face. If you didn't play the game, don't pretend that you did.

I saw Rose play in high school. He played the "Magic Johnson" position: the C/PF who brought the ball up on every play and did basically whatever he wanted.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I agree with starman I don't care who called out Skipper so long as someone put him in his place. Couldn't have happened to a douchier guy.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, Jalen is close.

Jalen is a Douchebag All-American while Skippy Boy is a Douchebag Olympic Gold Medalist.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

On the Dream Douch-Bag team, Rose is Laettner and Skip is Ewing

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The team's official sponsor:

Draft saved Draft deleted