1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jake Peavy, wuss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, May 21, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Contender, my ass. This White Sox team blows on the field and in the front office. Peavy's not worth what the White Sox were offering. In a few years, all 5 White Sox fans will be thankful that Peavy vetoed the deal.

Seriously, potential contender for what, exactly? First pick in the amateur draft?

Besides, who in their right mind would want to leave San Diego for Chicago? Intangibles all favor San Diego.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

If Peavy's not worth what the White Sox were offering, then why did the Padres accept the deal? Who blows in the front office in that scenario?

And aren't you a little prick.

3. He roots for two teams, Jake. 'Nuff said.

4. JakeandElwood

Awesome coming from a Rays fan.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, to be fair, he was saying that the White Sox fans should be happy that the trade wasn't accepted, because they were giving up too much.

6. He's also a Braves fan, so he gets to shake his dick whenever they do anything, too. ::)

7. JakeandElwood

And I think that may be a fair point, although I have no idea if Poreda can pick up the secondary pitches needed to be a good starter (his fastball should at least get him in an MLB bullpen) and Clayton Richard is okay. Has anyone reported who the other two players in the deal are?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, actually I'm a big prick. I had to buy a book to figure out how to deal with it. ;D

And you need to rethink your logic. It's a great deal for the Padres. That's why I said he isn't worth what the White Sox were offering; they offered way too much. The Padres were getting rid of one guy and basically themselves up for a long time with young talent until Peavy said no.

The proposed deal reeks of desperation.

9. JakeandElwood

That one guy is pretty good though. I would have been happy if he had accepted the deal, but I'm not too broken up that he vetoed it based on reasons stated earlier. I'd really have to see who the other two in the deal were to address your point, though. Clayton Richard, Aaron Poreda and two stiffs is a great deal for Peavy, those two and two other top prospects? Maybe not so much.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You guys are ganging up on 2mcm now? Geez, this place is rough. ::)

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I had the same thought.

Anyway, I just don't know how good Peavy really is.

Playing in the NL, and the NL West at that, makes a lot of subpar pitchers look really good (not saying Peavy is subpar).

12. JakeandElwood

All I did was respond to a smarmy, condescending post. And that's a good point, gola.

Draft saved Draft deleted