1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jake Peavy, wuss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, May 21, 2009.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Assuming that playing for the Chicago White Sox holds great appeal, they picked a hell of a day to ask him to think about it and get back to them.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Can I just say that I'm glad to hear that Peavy is staying in San Diego (probably)?

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Well, if Danks can pull it together; their one, two and three starters would have been Buehrle, Danks and Peavy. While Floyd and Colon both suck, they can be equally impressive when it counts.

That first three could be pretty lethal. It's no Yankees rotation, but it's still impressive.

4. Yeah, I'm sure the staff wasn't distracted or anything today. Not making an excuse for them - you go out and compete regardless. But I wouldn't single out today as being representative.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'd agree with that. I've heard that he's not opposed to a trade... just a trade to an AL club. Does the dude love hitting that much? Or just throwing to a pitcher that much?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, yes, it does sound like you are trying to make an excuse for them. Given that at least two American League teams were on his wish list back in the offseason, your theory that he is afraid of the AL just doesn't hold up.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He knows NL hitters like the back of his hand. There's no reason for him to want to go to the other league. He's an Alabama guy, I think. I wonder what he thinks of Atlanta -- another big ballpark.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I've seen no evidence that Peavy "doesn't want to compete" in the AL, or otherwise.

Turning down a trade to a bad team (with a crazy manager, to boot), to stay with another bad team (in a better climate and bigger ballpark), doesn't seem to be much proof.

9. This is the first I've ever heard of Ozzie Guillen as a negative for players. Is that out there?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hey Waylon, what's it like rooting for a team with a manager who is batshit insane?

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

(Laughing hysterically)

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, did you just say Chicago is the best summer city in America?

Draft saved Draft deleted