1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaguars.com thread MIA?

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Andy _ Kent, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Does anyone know what happened to the job thread on the writing position with the Jacksonville Jaguars?

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't know about the thread, but I believe the job was filled in the last month or so.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Woah, did Vic leave?

4. Larry Holder

Larry Holder New Member

I believe John Oehser got the job. Another Fanhouser to land on his feet.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Maybe we should start a thread about where all of the Fanhouse people are winding up.

6. jps5226

jps5226 New Member

To second what someone else said, Oehser got the job. He had his introductory column a few days ago.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And a fun intro column at that. Oehser is a good guy.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

To the Packers site, I believe.

9. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Thanks for the updates guys. John Oehser is one of the key members of Sports Media Exchange as well and he and I enjoyed swapping stories and ideas on our FanHouse gigs (he did the AFC South and I did the AFC East). So I am also glad to see another FanHouser land on his feet.

I saw a thread on here last month about Ketchman leaving and I had heard that John had gotten the job, but I was just trying to find that old thread again to see how the job responsibilities were posted.

Thanks again guys.

AK

10. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Man, as a Jaguars fan growing up in Oklahoma, I used to always follow his writings on Jaguars.com ... Just haven't had time over the past year.

Back in HS, before I thought about getting into SJ, I remember reading one of Vic's columns about when he was a young reporter and on a plane with Lynn Swan, who was writing a story on his laptop. Vic asked why he just didn't wait until he got home to do so and Swan told him that in this field today, speed is of the essence.

That was back before I knew much about journalism and before the Internet news was like it is today, but that always stuck with me to make sure I had timely reporting.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it was Vic asked by Swan?

12. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

No he asked Swann :)

Draft saved Draft deleted