1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaguars beat writer, Florida Times-Union

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Furry Tractor, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

Was there any word on what happened to Bart? My first thought when I saw the title was that something happened to Vito.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This is what happened to Bart. He explained it earlier in the thread.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

All I can say is thank God it's not!!!
    I'd rather work for a weekly than lower my standards and work for the N.Y. "lying ass" Times. Can we fabricate another story for our readers today? Hmmmm say the editors, just make it a doozie!

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Gotta wonder if the real Red Smith ever used "lying ass" as an adjective. Ah, different times ...

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Why is it that I find the entire premise of your post hard to believe? Yeah, you'd stick in your job as assistant agate chief at the Podunk Press-Gazette (with occasional youth triathlon coverage responsibilities) rather than go work for the most respected newspaper in the Western world -- a paper that is the lifelong dream destination for 95 percent of journalists worldwide and a gig that would pay you enough jack to re-up on that Dungeons and Dragons membership site for life.

Yeah, right. Absolutely. You wouldn't go work for the New York Times. I know this because they likely wouldn't let you in the front door.

rb

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

RedSmithJr. may be a little thick-headed but I think the Times has earned shots like that.

7. ZING!

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Damn skippy I wouldn't find myself working for a rag like that with no talent-as clowns running the show.

I'd rather enjoy life as is than waste it there!

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Yeah, it's hip to take shots at the Times....and yeah, they hired Jayson Blair and Judy Miller. But any reporter who says he/she wouldn't work there is either a damn liar or a damn fool.
    Personally, I would give my left nut to be a reporter at the Times.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'm sorry, but living/working in NY isn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea. If someone doesn't aspire to work for the NYT, that doesn't make them a "damn liar" or a "damn fool."

11. boots

boots New Member

And the same can be true for Jacksonville, Florida.

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

Or anywhere on earth, for that matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted