1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaguars beat writer, Florida Times-Union

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Furry Tractor, Apr 21, 2006.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

According to the NFL Black Book, they have a beat writer for each team -- Gregg Bell on the Raiders, Matt Barrows on the Niners.

2. ARodChokes

ARodChokes New Member

Anybody hear anything new about this position? Did that guy from Sacto get offered or are they looking at more people?

3. I know they've done a few phone interviews.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A source at the T-U reports that the Human Resources Dept. is doing pre-phone interviews with anybody who lists NFL experience on their resume.

5. ARodChokes

ARodChokes New Member

Thanks hate and Mod. Appreciate the info and any further updates you might be able to provide.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I know this is common in the real world but I have never known human resources to get involved in the front end of any opening in a newsroom.

7. awriter

awriter Active Member

Actually, Gregg's with Seattle AP.

8. ARodChokes

ARodChokes New Member

Bump for any new info. I heard they are interviewing. Any idea who's up?

9. RickyBobbyJr

RickyBobbyJr Guest

Did Mizzou's post get censored?

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Well, something happened. There was another post or two to this earlier today, and they've vanished. I recall reading that the job was still open and that someone had turned it down.

I have no idea whethere there was any truth to that, but the information certainly vanished.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He may have deleted on his own - we did not "censor" it.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I got a PM from somebody requesting that I edit a portion of the post and I didn't really have the time since I was working last night, so I just deleted it...

My understanding is that they've brought in 3 or 4 people and are still interviewing.

Draft saved Draft deleted