1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jackass 2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Precious Roy, Sep 21, 2006.

?

Are you going to see Jackass 2?

1. Yes!!!!!!! I wouldn't miss it

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Sure, if I have free time and money to blow

8 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Maybe, if I hear good things

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. No, Steve-O and Bam are idiots

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. You should be dragged into the street and shot for mentioning this.

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

That's what I meant by her not being a "nice girl".

"Nice girls" let you fondle them, no questions asked.

2. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I remember passing on the first one when it was in theaters. Then a college buddy I was in town visiting rented it and pretty much forced me to watch it.

I'm pretty much giving it the whole "Ugh, this is so juvenile" treatment, right up until Bam pulls the fireworks wake-up on his parents. By that point, I was a goner.

I loved the golf course air horns, and for some reason, I still giggle when I think of the oft-underrated Ryan Dunn turning to the camera and simply saying "I'm about to put a toy car up my ass, for fuck's sake."

3. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Honest to God, about half our staff went to see the original "Jackass" at a 1 p.m. showing. And I have never, ever, laughed so hard in my life. This was about a week after it premiered and we were about the only people in the theater. Best time I've ever had at a movie.

Trying to organize the "Jackass: Number Two" viewing ASAP.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Strange as it may sound, I actually thought the first movie was a little too tame.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Somebody asked about people getting hurt and if you remember Johnny Knoxville got a concussion in the first one when the golf cart he was riding in rolled.
    I saw the first one again recently on Comedy Central and I had to get very fired up. I honestly had no idea that a second one was coming out and now I want to see it. I would tomorrow, but with it being Football Friday, I doubt it happens.
    But I will see it soon and in theater.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

All I have to say is "Yo! Molesta la bresta!"

Free the Don

7. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Over at Metacritic, I was surprised to see the reviews were largely positive. Seriously.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Didn't he also get concussed during the beatdown he got in the department store from Butterbean? I know he got cut for stitches after being knocked down and cracking his melon off a display rack or something.

I also enjoyed this bit: "I'm Johnny Knoxville, and I'm gonna grind this rail." Kersplat.

I'll add my voice to the air horn/golf course gag, which IMO was the best part of the movie, plus I loved the ceiling fan takeout and the rental car in the demo derby. "I hit a dog."

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are stunningly positive...

It's doing better than All the Kings Men, which has a cast filled with some of the best actors working (Penn, Law, Winslet etc...).

I can't wait to see both films, but I'll probably see Jackass 2 first...

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Going this afternoon with the ladyfriend. Can't hardly wait.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Good call going to the afternoon showing.... the wife won't suspect a thing.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

The horse gizz thing has me completely baffled.

Why, oh why in the........oh screw it....just go see it.

Draft saved Draft deleted