1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jack Warden, RIP

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 22, 2006.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

No disrespect intended, but my first reaction was surprise that he was still alive. I had the same thought when Red Buttons died the other day.

RIP to them both.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Along with the other roles mentioned here, I also liked him as the asshole grampa in the "Problem Child" movies.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Wasn't he the judge in "And Justice for All"?
    RIP

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I'll always remember him for one line as Ryan O'Neal's dad in "So Fine."

"I used to fuck like that!"

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

"Frank, lissen to me. This case is a money-maker." (Profanities abounding)

Just great in The Verdict, one of my top ten of all time. 16 times viewed at the theatre alone.

153 credits ... amazing. An amazing run in the 70s with Shampoo, Heaven Can Wait, Being there, All the President's Men.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0912001/

YHS, etc

6. lono

lono Active Member

"I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs. You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a bitch stayed bought." - Warden in "Used Cars."

7. Friend --
    He was the only thing about that movie that was authentically Boston, except for the location shots. That silent shot of him when the jury foreman asks if they're limited on the amount of the award is just priceless.
    "He's the prince of fucking darkness, that's who he is."
    You're right. Terrific film. Was on FXM last night.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . not to mention Pig, the player always on the chase . . . in Cincinnati Kid

9. If I'm recalling correctly ...

"Woodword, Bernstein, you're on the Watergate story. Now don't fuck it up!" (He says as he's walking by.)

10. Also:

National Editor: I've got some top guys here, sitting around...
    Warden: "You said it right. Sitting around."

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

RIP

in shampoo: "now that's what i call fucking!" 8) 8) 8)

12. Amazing bio,
    Promising young middleweight fighter -- one bout against a young Charles Durning no less -- who joins the Navy, patrols the Yangtzee before WWII, does Merchant Marine duty, asks for an on-deck assignment and, when he doesnt get it, joins the 101st Airborne, breaks a leg before Normandy and starts studying drama in the hospital.

Draft saved Draft deleted