1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jack Clark: Pujols is a juicer. I know for a fact.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Brian McNamee originally told Tom Verducci that Roger Clemens success was
    because of his intense training regimen. As far as Puljos the saying "if it
    walks like a duck, etc, etc..... applies.

Got to thinking about Albert Bell who I know have no doubt was on steroids. He has handled
    things the best of anyone. Just got off the grid. I wish more would do that.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The lying sack of crap knew what he was talking about. You may not like it but he wasn't guessing

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did you read the book? Actually, many of his accusations were guesses. He made accusations against players that he admitted were based on observation from afar and no real knowledge.

I never said that Canseco had no real knowledge. I said that he was a lying sack of crap. He lied about his own use for many years, only finally admitting it after his career was over. He even admitted he had an agenda. He wanted to toss accusations at as many players as possible to hurt the game. Also, not all of his accusations have been proven true.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Stronger evidence than this. Canseco's claims were based on personal eyewitness stuff. He claimed to have actually seen the guys he was accused of doing it, personally done it with them, helped provide it, etc. People didn't believe him at first because of his reputation as an attention whoring knucklehead, but at least it was first hand evidence.

This just lame hearsay. Yeah, I know it "for a fact" because this guy "basically said" it to me once over decade ago, never mind that he vehemently denies it and I've got nothing else to go on. Yeah right, Jack, whatever....

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Pujols is tried, convicted and already executed in the court of public opinion.

Without Bush 43 to whip the bully pulpit, factual evidence will have to suffice with the feds for a change.

(Not that I care, he's a dirty dog-shit-eating Angel. Would help his case if he batted north of the Erstad Line.)

6. outofplace

So, you trust liars because there have been occasions that you believe certain liars told the truth.

Or you are just trolling again. i can never tell.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Keep standing up for cheaters, OOP.

I'm just going to sit back and let history continue to prove me right.

8. outofplace

I'm standing up for journalistic standards. Based on the way you post here, you have none.

You are claiming that every good player in MLB over the last 20 years used PEDs and you can't back that up.

9. Armchair_QB

As usual, you don't have the first fucking clue what you're talking about. This is a fucking message board, not the New York Times.

And, to be clear once again, I'm claiming that anyone who believes professional athletes won't seek out anything that can give them an advantage is a fucking idiot.

Decades of greenie and PED use, not to mention corked bats and loaded baseballs prove this beyond the shadow of a doubt. Only the willfully blind or staggeringly ignorant fail to acknowledge this.

Which one are you?

10. outofplace

Some cheating does not prove that all cheat. Once again, you demonstrate that you have no idea what real evidence is and you have no standards whatsoever.

No, this isn't the New York Times, though it shouldn't have to be for a journalist to have standards. I'm not just talking about you. I was never just talking about you. It's the entire conversation about PED use, the way journalists have forgotten what their standards should be. Hall of Fame voters who leave guys of their ballots because they suspect PED use even though they have no real evidence, for example.

The reason it keeps coming back to you is because you are a shining example of the very worst of this discussion. You aren't right. You are every bit as clueless as Jack Clark. You claim to know things "for a fact," yet you demonstrate time and again that you don't even know what a fact is.

Let me be more careful about using the correct words. You claim that every elite player for the last 20 (or was it 30?) years in Major League Baseball used PEDs. Your evidence? Ryan Braun accepted a suspension and admitted wrongdoing, so that somehow proves that Jeff Bagwell used. Sammy Sosa got busted with a corked bat, so that somehow proves that Troy Tulowitzki is guilty. Alex Rodriguez is a cheat multiple times over, so that somehow convicts Tony Gwynn, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Frank Thomas, Rickey Henderson and a very long list of others.

So no, it doesn't take a "fucking idiot" to say you are full of shit. Nor does it take willful blindness or staggering ignorance. That is just you desperately trying to cover for yourself with insults because you know your argument can't stand up on its merits.

What it takes is someone willing to actually look at athletes on a case-by-case basis rather than taking the lazy way out and lumping them all together. It takes someone with standards, who actually thinks it is fair to expect some level of proof before making accusations. It helps that I actually know what a fact is, which puts me one up on you.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Pujols says he's preparing legal action against Clark.

12. Armchair_QB

I'm sure he is.

Draft saved Draft deleted