1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Izzard is freaking brilliant!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 14, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Missing his show in Cincy, I drove up to Columbus to catch Eddie Izzard last night. Goddamn, is he a funny cat. Nine rows from the stage, two hours and 15 minutes of new material that made me laugh my ass off (considerable, if you've seen my ass). Best $50 I've spent in a long time.

Anyway, I know there are some fans out there, so just advising if you can one of the remaining shows, do it.

2. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Shucks. I thought this was going to be about how women's basketball coach Jim Izard faked his suicide and just accepted another job. Oh well.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd heard he's toned down the cross-dressing while doing his comedy act. True?

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I am a huge fan of The Riches and his work on the show. I might have to check him out live when he comes to my area.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

IW -- yeah, he just wore jeans and a tux jacket with tails last nite. Heard a radio interview on the way up, tho, and he explained that he's always been about having choices in dressing, not just tarting up.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Perhaps those cell phone commercials would be funnier if they yelled, "IZZZARRRD!" [/crossthreading]

Draft saved Draft deleted