1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iverson a Nugget

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by fmrsped, Dec 19, 2006.

1. I think Larry Hughes just broke something again...

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Sixers fans should add Melo to their holiday card lists.

3. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

haha...

Keeping the Cavs theme... did you guys get a load of Andre Miller's hair in his mug? Wow.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Steal for the 76ers.

5. I think it's a good trade for both teams. Helps the Nuggets stay afloat with Melo out, then with him in AI makes the Nuggets a very dangerous - if not colorful - team.

What team would want to play a team with Melo, AI, JR Smith, Nene and Camby as its starting fine, and Reggie Evans and Najera coming off the bench? With Boykins likely to get moved to, the Nuggets could get a decent backup PG as well.

As good as Miller is, he didn't fit in with the run-and-gun offense the Nuggets wanted to run.

Philly gets a solid PG who's better-suited for the Eastern Conference as well as two middle-of-the-road picks. Best-case scenario one turns into a Josh Howard or Marquis Daniels type.

6. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

VERY good point. Draft picks are only as good as the GM that uses them. That said, I should be getting a call from the (215) area code some time in the summer.

7. TheS

TheS Member

Dallas, I believe, which isn't a big loss.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Will Melo get more passes thrown to him during his suspension or after his suspension?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This looks good on both sides. The Nuggets definitely need help to advance in the West, and the Sixers can rebuild with the draft picks. Makes sense.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The ESPN headline at the bottom of the screen: "76ers-Nuggets reach deal for Allen Iverson"

Apparently, it's now one team?

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Looked at it again.

STILL no way Philly should have gotten out of this so well.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

AI, Melo and George Karl. There's a match made in heaven. [/sarcasm]

Draft saved Draft deleted