1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iverson a Nugget

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by fmrsped, Dec 19, 2006.

1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Philly fleeces denver, IMO...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2702501

2. Well, for the next 15 games, he'll have fun. After that, eh?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Two first-round draft picks? Why didn't the Nuggets just keep those and add players next season?

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm still scratching my head on this one. A.I. for a dependable Andre Miller (who gets shipped around damn there every time), Joe Smith, and two draft choices.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Miller and two first-rounders seems like a nice return considering all the rumors swirling out there.

Two questions, though...

1.) Will the Denver altitude limit Iverson's ability to PRACTICE?

2.) Are there enough headbands (and tattoo parlors) in town for both A.I. and Melo?

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I think it's pretty clear the Nugs were desperate with Anthony out, no?

Meanwhile, Philly gets a top-5 pick (their own) and two others. Not a bad deal at all. I bet they can live with Miller's contract to get Smith's off there, and Miller is still a pretty productive player, no?

EDIT: Which other team's pick does Denver (now Philly) have?

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Because that wouldn't help them this season, and because it's unlikely they'd find a 30 ppg scorer with a couple of low first round picks.

Pretty decent deal for Denver. There's no guarantee that AI and Carmelo will mesh, of course, but it's a worthwhile gamble. The Nugs weren't going to win the West with the team they had, and I don't think they overpaid by any means.

8. Keeping draft picks is overrated...

I like this deal for Denver. You add a top scorer (a position for position swap) and Philly gets a chance to rebuild with some draft picks. Of couse, Billy King will probably screw that up.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Miller's a great pickup for Philly. He's more of a half-court PG anyway, which is a great fit in the Eastern Conference.

If they weren't able to land a young stud like Livingston, this was a pretty good Plan B for the Sixers.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

My god, there is no way Philly deserved to get out of this mess in such good shape. No way at all.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

The Utah Jazz just won the division.

Next year, too.

12. I agree that draft picks are overrated, especially with a genius like Billy King running this team. Same dude that had a chance to draft Paul Pierce, but took Larry Hughes (a 6'5 Iverson) instead. I guess this means either Mo gets another year or he's out after this year. Sad to see A.I. go, that much is certain.

Draft saved Draft deleted