1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've lost my damn mind I am now giving up coffee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 19, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I drink way less coffee than I used to. A cup and a half of black coffee first thing every morning before I run. What I don't get... Why the need to quit? There is as much suggesting that coffee presents no health risk or it may actually have health benefits as there is suggesting it's bad for you. Dude, give the cigarettes and lose weight. Those things ARE bad for you.

Check out this link I just found: http://men.webmd.com/features/coffee-new-health-food

2. boots

boots New Member

Rags, all I know is that I've been sleeping bete since giving up coffee.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I gave up drinking the high-calorie, high-fat coffee drinks such as frappuccinos and machiatos and such.

I will not give up drinking black coffee.

4. boots

boots New Member

I think my doctors were worried about too much heart activity. I took a red bull and drank a cup of coffee before my last visit. My blood pressure was sky high and I was very hyper. Too hyper for him I think.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Giving up things that have a strong connection to smoking — coffee, liquor, beer, etc. — can help with your effort to quit smoking.
    If you give up coffee and liquor for a month or two, that might help with your effort to quit smoking.
    I'd also suggest breaking situational habits: Don't smoke in the car, don't smoke for two hours after eating.
    Once you've got the smoking kicked, then you can try coffee again.
    (Now I'm going to smoke.)

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

But did you boots her?

7. boots

boots New Member

Not every one of my friends gets to taste the coveted boots schlong. What kind of guy do you think I am? Some kind of manwhore?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I gave up coffee for a while, but then I read something about how coffee can be healthy for men.

Draft saved Draft deleted