1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've got a bat ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beanpole, Jan 29, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Record it and put it on YouTube.

2. beanpole

beanpole Member

OK, I've had a beer. Armed with liquid courage and SportsJournalists.com encouragement, I'm off to evict Radar from my home.

I canNOT believe I'm going to try this.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

You're crazy.

4. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Swing the lumber, pussy.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd rather give up my bedroom and live with the thing. But that's just me.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I am shuddering just thinking of him trying to get rid of that thing.

7. beanpole

beanpole Member

OK, that did NOT end well. I put on a hooded sweatshirt, heavy gloves and waded in, trying to trap him in a small wastebasket. But the damed thing was perched on the curtain rod, so I couldn't get seal him in the can quick enough and out he came, scared and pissed.

Flew a couple of laps around the room, avoiding my towel, and then squeezed through the closet door, where I'm sure he's happily shitting all over my stuff.

Damn, damn, damn.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Man up and shopvac that fucker.

9. beanpole

beanpole Member

no shopvacs in the house. Tomorrow morning I'll open the windows to that room and see if I can get him to fly out, I guess. Maybe bring a frying pan with me, since I can't find the wife's tennis racket.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Couldn't you shine a really bright light at it? I thought I heard somewhere bats are like deer and they freeze in "headlights." Maybe open the closet, shine a light at it and then try to capture it. Or sleep in the living room and wait for the professional - though that won't be nearly as much fun for the rest of us.

P.S. You definitely need to drink more than one beer to reach the optimal liquid courage stage required.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm with Angola.

You drink until one of you has left the house. That's an order.

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

If its any consolation bean, I just found three silverfish in the bathroom of our new apartment.

I Raided that whole fucking floor and the baseboards.

Draft saved Draft deleted