1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ITunes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Dec 28, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

So my brother-in-law gives me a couple of ITunes gift cards.

Cool, but I had never downloaded anything from ITunes. I only used the software on my laptop – bougght in mid-2004 – to collect all my CD collection.

Anyway, it turns out I needed the ITunes 7.0 software (me: ITunes 4.0).
    Then, it turns out ITunes 7.0 will only run on the OS 10.3.9 (me: OS 10.3.2)

Sooo ... what follows is about an hour of downloading the updated operating system and installing the new ITunes software. Not a hassle, really. I worked in an episode of CSI: Miami while I was waiting.

And, when it was all done ... I loved it. Downloaded some cool stuff.

But where is George Harrison? Is this some leftover hostility about all that Apple/Apple Corps business?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

He's not the only one missing on there.
    There are a lot of artists who you can't buy because they don't want Apple selling individual songs, just the entire album.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Interesting point: If you use a different media player than ITunes but buy something off ITunes, the only way to play it on the other media player is to burn the song from ITunes onto a CD, then re-rip the songs from the CD back on to your computer.

Also handy if you don't have an IPod but like using ITunes.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

RIP allofmp3.com

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

You should have mentioned it on here before re-ripping... if you'd have highlighted all the songs and right-clicked, the submenu would have given an option to "convert to MP3." Thus saving you all of that valuable time...

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Actually it's still alive.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to decide how to spend my remaining 85 cents there.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I have 7 cents left.

9. PCLoadLetter

How did you manage that?

10. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

On a serious iPod discussion...

I got a 30gig video iPod for X-mas. I downladed the new iTunes on to my mini-mac at work. I bought a couple songs from iTunes and they flowed over to my iPod just fine.

Then I bought a music video and when I go to "Sync 'Hwy's iPod' it can't transfer the video. What the heck am I doing wrong. I've got the latest iPod and I can't get video - WTF?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

11. Rambler

Rambler Member

Another serious iPod question: How can I put videos on my new 80 GB iPod that aren't on itunes?

12. PCLoadLetter

I posted this link on another thread, but it works here too:

http://www.anders.com/guides/convert/video/iPod/windows.html

That link will help you download the free software and show you how to use it. If the video is already on your computer, all you have to do is convert it to the correct format. Once it's in the .mp4 format you click "file"-->"add file to library" in iTunes.

The other piece of software in the link will help you rip a DVD to your computer, so it can then be converted and added to the iPod.

Draft saved Draft deleted