1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iTunes question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Oct 24, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to put all my hip hop songs on an mp3 CD and my other music on a separate CD, so I created a pair of playlists. When I clicked "Burn playlist to CD" it only put like 20 songs on the CD instead of 120 or however many would fit if they were in MP3 format. How do I change it so that it burns them in MP3 format instead of the way it is now?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Way out of my league.

Sorry.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

On the top of iTunes, click on "edit."

Click "preferences."

Click "advanced."

Click "burning."

Under "disc format," change it from "audio CD" to "mp3 CD."

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That almost worked. Now it's telling me that iTunes Store purchases can't be burned to an MP3 CD. Any way to get around that?

If not, that's some bullshit. Once I purchase the songs, I should be able to back them up however I please.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

While I agree with you, I'm pretty sure Apple would let you re-download any songs that you purchased from them. I had a song get corrupted once and they gave me a code or something to download the song again, IIRC.

It's not as convenient as being able to pull it off an MP3 CD, but at least you're not totally SOL.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I usually just burn songs onto a CD and use the CD files to covert to MP3.

I don't know another way to do it. Sorry.

I just tried to convert a song to MP3 to save that extra step, but iTunes won't let me covert a protected song.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that -- iTunes sells in AAC format, not mp3.

Not sure there's a work-around better than burning to CD.

Draft saved Draft deleted